If you're tired of renting, or struggling to save a deposit, the Shared Home Ownership scheme is one way you may be able to afford to buy your own home. Shared Home Ownership allows you to purchase a home from us, with a SharedStart loan through Keystart, the Government's lending agent.
What kind of home can you buy?
You can purchase newly-built homes and off-the-plan properties offered by the Department of Housing across metropolitan and regional areas.
Some advantages of Shared Home Ownership
- Low deposit of $2000 or two per cent of the purchase price (whichever is greater) for first home buyers
- Deposit of $2000 or 2 per cent of the purchase price plus stamp duty and fees for non-first home buyers
- No savings history required
- No lenders mortgage insurance
- No monthly account keeping fees
- First home buyers can use the First Home Owners Grant towards the deposit and apply for a grant from the Home Buyers Assistance Account.