Increasing clients’ social and economic capacity and building household resilience for long term success.
Thrive is a Department of Communities (Housing) initiative that is delivered in partnership with non-government organisations. It builds on the success of the Support and Tenant Education Program (STEP), with a stronger focus on early intervention.
The program has been developed through extensive consultation with stakeholders and has a more holistic approach to target clients’ individual needs.
Thrive will operate around the following four key themes:
- Improving clients’ social and economic wellbeing.
- Increasing clients’ capacity to manage their household in a community.
- Building clients’ capacity and resilience for long term success.
- Provision of earlier support to reduce risk factors that may affect their household.
Thrive will have increased collaboration with existing private or government support programs and services.
Thrive services will include:
- Tailored case coordination that address the wider needs of clients and community;
- Culturally and linguistically appropriate support for clients’ individual needs;
- Regular home visits to assist clients to develop strategies and build capacity and resilience for managing their household in a community;
- Referrals to other services and coordination of provision of practical assistance for clients, including those in remote areas.
The Department of Communities will soon advertise a Request for Tender for Thrive.
The Department will host a series of briefing sessions for community service organisations across the State once the Request for Tender has been published on Tenders WA.
Further details will be available soon.