Increasing clients’ social and economic capacity and building household resilience for long term success.
The new Thrive program is a Department of Communities initiative delivered in partnership with non-government organisations. Thrive builds on the successes of the Support and Tenant Education Program (STEP), with a stronger focus on early intervention.
Thrive will operate around the following four key themes:
- Improving clients’ social and economic wellbeing
- Increasing clients’ capacity to manage their household in a community
- Building clients’ capacity and resilience for long term success
- Provision of earlier support to reduce risk factors that may affect their household.
Thrive will have increased collaboration with existing private or government support programs and services.
Thrive services will include:
- Tailored case coordination addressing the wider needs of clients and community;
- Culturally and linguistically appropriate support for clients’ individual needs;
- Regular home visits to assist clients to develop strategies and build capacity and resilience for managing their household in a community;
- Referrals to other services and coordination of provision of practical assistance for clients, including those in remote areas.
Tender process updates
The Department of Communities is pleased to advise that the Thrive Tender Evaluation report has been approved by the Community Services Procurement Review Committee, a major milestone for the project.
It is anticipated that Preferred Respondents will be contacted in the coming weeks and the negotiation process will commence soon after.
All Respondents will be contacted following the closing of negotiations and the awarding of contracts.
A three month transition period will precede the Thrive commencement date. This will allow time for closure of the current Support and Tenancy Education Program (STEP) and preparation for the new Thrive program implementation.
Proposed dates for the transition in period and service commencement will be provided to all stakeholders as the Department of Communities works through the above processes.
For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org.