The Department of Communities is seeking proposals from qualified, experienced and financially capable builders to be part of a Design and Construct and/or Housing Refurbishment Builders Panel.
The new Panel presents an exciting opportunity for the private sector to partner with Communities in creating inclusive, safe and affordable places for people to live that reflects the diversity and needs of the Western Australian community.
The Panel will be established through a Request for Proposal opportunity and will be utilised to deliver a high volume of single and grouped housing and/or undertake housing refurbishment works across the Perth metropolitan region over a period of two years with possible extension(s).
Proposals must be lodged to Tenders WA by 2.30pm WST on Thursday 16 July 2020.
For more information, and to download the Request for Proposal documentation, visit the Tenders WA website (Ref: HOU9600620).
- 9 June 2020 – Request for Proposals opens
- 16 July 2020 – Request for Proposals closes
- September - October 2020 – Successful Panel applicants will be announced
All enquiries in relation to this Request for Proposal must be made in writing via email to DCPanel@communities.wa.gov.au (no later than 4 business days prior to the closing date and time).
General information for applicants
- Applicants must specify whether they would like to provide design and construct services, or housing refurbishment services, or both.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate their housing refurbishment capabilities and/or their design and construction expertise and capacity to develop affordable, high-quality, environmentally sustainable, innovative and accessible housing on behalf of Communities.
- Applicants are also required to demonstrate their commitment to engage and promote Aboriginal employment, apprenticeship and subcontracting opportunities.
- Builders with experience delivering a high volume of Class 1 grouped sites are highly desirable.
- Project allocation is subject to suitability, design review and contract negotiation. Appointment to the panel does not guarantee panel members will be allocated a project.
- Panel members will have the right to accept and refuse sites should they wish. Panel members that refuse a site will still be considered for future sites.