Family violence provisions for the GROH program

Safe tenancy: Family violence provisions for the GROH program

The changes to the Residential Tenancies Act will also apply to tenants and client agencies who are part of the Government Regional Officer Housing (GROH) program, which is administered by the Department of Communities.

What do the changes mean for GROH tenants

The Safe Tenancy changes to the Residential Tenancies Act apply to all tenants in WA, including those living in GROH rental properties.

Your employer has been informed of these changes and their policies and procedures may affect how the changes are implemented on a case by case basis.

If these changes affect you and you live in GROH property, we encourage you to speak with the employer to receive the right advice for your circumstances.

More information is available from:

  • for the latest information from Consumer Protection on this project including information for tenants in private rentals and training resources for workers in refuges or women’s health centres.
  • for information on Communities’ family and domestic violence prevention initiatives, help and advice, and operational resources for professionals and workers.
  • for any updates from Communities on this project.

If you are experiencing family and domestic violence please visit the Child Protection and Family support website for information about support services. In an emergency call 000.

To close this window immediately, use the exit button to the right or press Ctrl +W.

For information about how to browse incognito and/or erase your history, see