Our Graduate Development Program provides recent university graduates with opportunities to work with experienced professionals on multi-million dollar projects in the Western Australia housing market.
During the two year program, peer support and a dedicated mentor will help you transition from study to employment within the Western Australian Public Sector.
Applications for our program generally open in late July or early August for a February start. If you would like to be notified when applications open, please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
During your first year, you will complete four rotations of three months in different areas of the Housing Authority, building an extensive knowledge base and diverse skill set. You will participate in the Public Sector Commission’s Graduate Future Leaders program as well as other structured and on the job training.
In your second year, you will use your networks and experience developed during your first year to obtain rotations in areas of your own choosing. Your leadership capabilities will be further developed through the Graduate Program.
Throughout the program you will be supported by managers, mentors, buddies and the graduate program coordinator.
The rotational program ensures each of our graduates have a unique experience, with opportunities to work across various business streams - including but not limited to:
Your Academic Background
We hire graduates from all disciplines. The Housing Authority undertakes a diverse range of work and we are looking to recruit a mixture of talented graduates from a broad range of universities and academic backgrounds. Some of our previous graduates’ degrees include:
To read more about past and current graduates go to the Case Studies page.
What We Can Offer You
As a Western Australian Public Sector employee, you will enjoy all the benefits of working for the Western Australian Government, including flexibility and variety of work. Some of the other benefits you will experience include:
- Diverse rotations with the opportunity to work across numerous business streams
- A dedicated mentor, peer support and networking opportunities within Government, Private and the Not for Profit sectors, which will help with your development
- Competitive salary with an increment in year two
- Professional and personal development through training, site visits, placements, workshops and leadership programs
- Opportunities for regional and remote travel
- Health and Lifestyle Program including free exercise classes and health consultations
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle
- Career progression in a challenging and rewarding workplace, with the opportunity for you to make a difference to the lives of Western Australians.
For all the latest news from the Housing Authority and updates on our graduate program: