This website contains useful information about the Department of Housing. If you are having difficulty understanding it, and are unable to find someone to interpret it for you, please contact your nearest Department of Housing office. We can telephone the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) for you.
The Department provides a range of services such as:
- Housing options
- Public rental housing (this requires applicants to be placed on a waiting list)
- Priority assistance for people who require urgent housing
- Bond assistance loans to help you obtain private rental accommodation
- Low deposit home loans to enable people on low to moderate incomes achieve home ownership
- Disability assistance for people with special needs that require modified housing
We encourage you to contact your local office so our staff can help you with your enquiries.